COVID-19 Update – 3 April 20
As the weekend approaches we would like to remind all users along the navigable waterways to please adhere to Government protocols. We thank all our users for the manner in which they have respected the restriction imposed on movement and activities which can be undertaken. We are all operating in a challenging environment, but we are also aware that the directives from Government are the best way to slow down the spread of the virus and give our health services an opportunity to support those who most need their care. We have all played our part to date and we must continue to do so!
Following our update of 30 March our navigations are effectively closed for navigational and recreational purposes. Our towpaths continue to be open for recreational walkers, but we would ask that the protocols on social distancing are adhered to by users. We ask that users of our towpaths:
- Use the towpaths for brief physical exercise only;
- Stay local to your home (within 2km);
- Avoid crowds – if an area looks busy go somewhere else;
- Don't meet up with other groups;
- Stay in your family household group;
- Keep a distance of at least 2m (6 feet) away from other people, and
- Observe all health etiquettes when on the towpaths.
Please enjoy our facilities, but please use them responsibly.