Waterways Ireland Heritage Plan Open Day 2017
Waterways Ireland is hosting their second annual Heritage Plan Open Day on Wednesday December 13th, from 12-7pm. At this event, being hosted by the Waterways Ireland Head Office in Enniskillen Co. Fermanagh (Google Map Link here), you can review all the actions of the Heritage Plan that were progressed in 2017.
This will also be a great opportunity to meet staff from the various divisions within Waterways Ireland. Chat face to face about potential projects, ideas and support we can offer our stakeholders. Our CEO, Dawn Livingstone, will also be present on the day. If you wish to have one on one time with Dawn please reserve one of our 8 dedicated time slots by clicking this Doodle link.
This is an open event so please circulate this invite to any people you feel would be interested in attending.
The agenda for the day is as follows:
- The event is open to the public from 12-7pm.
- Come and listen to oral histories, inspect archival material and tell us about waterway placenames.
- Sit down and review the wide variety of natural, built and cultural heritage reports commissioned throughout the year.
- Meet with our CEO Dawn Livingstone and staff from divisions including Technical Services, Strategy & Policy, Marketing & Communications, Archives, Operations and Environment & Heritage from 12-4pm.
- View the tremendous work undertaken by the recipients of the 2017 Heritage Grants Scheme. Staff will be on hand to advise on the 2018 Grants Scheme too.
- Talk to us about potential projects you'd like progressed in 2018, partnerships you can offer or general queries about the Heritage Plan.
- Have your say on our 'What Floats your Boat" public feedback corner where you can leave a comment on what you like or where you think Waterways Ireland could improve our service to our stakeholders.
And we are delighted to announce the following free trips (spaces allocated on a first come, first serve basis) from the Waterways Ireland HQ moorings from 1-3pm.
- Two 1-hour boat tours of Enniskillen and Devenish Island
- Try your hand at a Menapii curach with Row the Erne (winners of the Living Waterways National Award) - weather dependant
Limited parking is available at the Waterways Ireland Head Office. It is also accessible on foot from the town centre.
If you would like any further information about this event please contact Cormac McCarthy at email@example.com, +353-61-922149 or +353-87-2787463. We look forward to seeing you there.