Marine Notice 59 of 2018 - Water safety campaign on Shannon Navigation - Wearing of Personal Flotation Devices and Lifejackets
Notice Number 59 of 2018
No 59 of 2018
WATER SAFETY CAMPAIGN – SUMMER 2018
WEARING OF LIFEJACKETS AND PERSONAL FLOATATION DEVICES
1. Waterways Ireland (WI) will conduct an awareness campaign to encourage the wearing of Lifejackets and Personal Flotation Devices by water users on the Shannon Navigation during the Summer boating season 2018.
2. Waterways Ireland will erect lifejacket wearing signage at key locks and harbours.
3. Information leaflets will be distributed to water users by Waterways Ireland Inspectorate staff and by lock-keepers.
4. Waterways Ireland encourages the safe use of its waterways by all. The wearing of Lifejackets and Personal Flotation Devices is an effective way of enhancing water safety.
5. Waterways Ireland thanks its customers for their co-operation in this matter.
Inspector of Navigation
29 June 2018