Marine Notice No 17 of 2023 - Erne System - High Water levels
Notice Number 17 of 2023
No. 17 of 2023
High Water Levels
Waterways Ireland wishes to advise Masters of vessels and water users that the Erne system is currently experiencing high water levels.
Masters of vessels and water users should proceed with additional caution and bear the following in mind when on the water during high water conditions,
- Air draft is reduced under all bridges and power lines
- Water velocity is significantly increased
- Access to jetties can be difficult as gangways and pontoons are elevated
- Navigation markers, pontoons, jetties may be submerged
- Mooring lines should checked regularly if it safe to do so.
Waterways Ireland thanks all vessel owners and operators for their co-operation in relation to this matter.
Inspector of Navigation
20 March 2023
“Waterways Ireland, managing and promoting the inland waterways for the benefit of all…”