Marine Notice No 114 of 2022_All Navigations_High Water Levels_Nov2022
Notice Number 114 of 2022
No. 114 of 2022
SHANNON NAVIGATION, SHANNON-ERNE WATERWAY, ERNE SYSTEM, RIVER BARROW, RIVER BANN
High Water Levels
Waterways Ireland wishes to advise all Masters of vessels and water users that the Shannon navigation, Erne system, Barrow navigation and River Bann are currently experiencing high water levels which are expected to continue to rise.
Masters of vessels and water users should proceed with additional caution and bear the following in mind;
- Air draft is reduced under all bridges and power lines
- Water velocity is significantly increased
- Access to jetties can be difficult as gangways and pontoons are elevated
- Navigation markers, pontoons, jetties may be submerged
- Mooring lines should checked regularly if it safe to do so.
Waterways Ireland thanks all vessel owners and operators for their co-operation in relation to this matter.
Inspector of Navigation
02 November 2022